The EDI 867 transaction set represents the Product Transfer and Resale Report. EDI 867 is used to give information on a product that has been relocated to a new location within a company. It can also be used to report sales of a product from multiple locations to an end customer, such as point-of-sale, or POS data. This specific EDI transaction code can also be used to communicate returns from customers to retail locations or distribution centers.
Each 867 document includes the following information:
- Resale Information Or Product Transferred, can include contract details, quantity, purchase order, code types, etc.
- Transaction Totals (Line Items), can include weights, dimensions, other unit measurements.
- Organization Identification Details.
The 867 transaction set can be used in a wide range of different industries. While the retail industry is likely the most common to use it, it can also be used by manufactures, resellers, distributors and wholesalers.
We can give you a quick examples.
Utilities may use an EDI 867 to communicate meter readings, which may include metrics on how much electricity is being used. Wholesalers may use 867 to communicate to a manufacturer about product movements at their wholesale locations.
In many ways, 867 is similar to the EDI 852 transaction set, which is used by the top resellers in the world to provide detailed insights on product inventory and sales levels to the manufacturers of those products.
EDI 867 Format
N1*TT*ABC DISTRIBUTION BRANCH 2*9*9876543210002
EDI 867 Specifications
This X12 Transaction Set contains the format and establishes the data contents of the Product Transfer and Resale Report Transaction Set (867) for use within the context of an Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) environment. The transaction set can be used to:
- Report Sales Of A Product From One Or More Locations To End Customer
- Report Sales Of A Product From One Or More Locations And Demand Beyond Sales To End Customer
- Report Details About Product Being Transferred From One Area To Another